Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Creating Worlds and Characters

Since things have been too crazy for me lately to write my own blog post, I'm going to direct you two very interesting posts I read this morning:

In her post, MG vs. YA Characters, YA author Beth Revis gives us a really interesting take on what's beneath the surface of characters and some insights on how to get into their perspective. It definitely gave me a lot to think about.

Over at The League of Extraordinary Writers, Lorin Oberweger guest posts on World Building, posing the question: Are you world building or world recycling? It's all about how the worlds you see in TV, movies or other books influence the way you shape your own story world. Lorin also gives us some tips and questions for how you can make the world you're creating unique.


7 comments:

  1. I think I read both these posts right after you. They're both really good. Thanks for sharing them with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also helps me when I post about them 'cause then I can find them again!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the links. I'm off to check them out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these links!

    I hope things are crazy for good reasons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting my guest post today and leaving a comment. You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the links--interesting idea about the savage beast inside children. I've never thought about it that way, but one of my all-time favorite books is Matilda by Roald Dahl, and once she figures out her powers, the beast definitely shows itself!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).