Friday, October 26, 2012

Agent and Podcast News for Kidlit Writers and Illustrators

As I clean my house today, I'm listening to fellow MiG Writer Debbie Ridpath Ohi, illustrator of I'm Bored, being interviewed by Katie Davis on  her podcast, Brain Burps About Books. Debbie and Katie give some great advice for picture book illustrators as well as general advice for writers in How Do You Win an Award, Find a Literary Agent, and Get a Book Published? Get Rejected First!


I also heard about a new agent, Fiona Kenshole, specializing in children's books. According to recent blog posts, some of her interests include:

  • middle grade adventure stories 
  • animal stories (talking or real)
  • real children in an unreal world
  • funny novels
  • realistic, younger YA


5 comments:

  1. Debbie's on podcast? I didn't know that. That girl is everywhere. Will check her out.

    Also, I tagged you on my blog. *grin* I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links and for passing on the agent news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you make use of housecleaning time. :)

    This agent's name is completely new to me. I'll have to check her out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check out the podcast. Sounds so interesting! Thanks for sharing. Love that you are cleaning and learning at the same time. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links.

    I love Debbie's book. My kids love the potato. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).