Monday, June 20, 2011

Mondays Are Full of Promise

I'm usually full of enthusiasm on Mondays. There's the whole week stretching ahead of me, with all the possibilities for writing. Of course, knowing this can also be a disadvantage. As in, "Eh, I have a whole week. There's no rush."  

What did I accomplish in my writing time today?

Well, I watched some praying mantises squeeze out of their egg case and I helped my daughter collect aphids for them to eat, because of course we need to keep a few to observe...to go along with the butterfly that can't fly and the pond snails from last weekend. I consider this good research for a future middle grade novel (even though I have no plans to ever write about praying mantises) or at least an investment in my daughter's future career as a zookeeper or entomologist.

Did you do anything interesting today? Can you use it in a novel?

In other big news today, I reached 100 followers! I'm so thrilled. Thank you for your support! I actually planned to have a giveaway to celebrate, but I'm going to have to hold off on that until the Canada postal strike is over. Fingers crossed that happens soon.

4 comments:

  1. I feel enthusiastic and energetic on Mondays too. I don't have this "Oh no, it's Monday" feeling. I think it's the combination of a fresh start plus loving what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Mondays - although I can't say I got much done yesterday :) (A LOT of errands...!) Congrats on reaching 100 followers! You deserve them - your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mondays because it is like a fresh new page in a journal. The the day and the whole week is still ahead of you. You get to tell your story, let it unfold. All you have to do is show up. If Monday doesn't turn out the way you want it to. Turn the page, there's another day just waiting for you. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Mondays too. :)

    Congrats on your 100 followers! That's great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).