I'm a pretty positive person. While I do talk through my worries (and agonize for hours), I usually prefer to focus on the good things in my life. These are often small things, not anything I'd consider "awesome", but just parts of life that I want to appreciate that gave me a little boost. I thought other people might appreciate them too, so from time to time I'm going to post a few.
1. Coming home from work and finding my daughter absorbed in reading a book instead of playing Plants vs. Zombies.
2. Watching the thieving bunny that has been nibbling on my pea plants and noticing how beautiful she is (I didn't have the heart to open the door and scare her away).
3. Kind words from some fellow bloggers (see Carmella's post on Traditions at MiG Writers, Christina's post called The Brilliant Ones at Chocolate for Inspiration, and Debbie Maxwell Allen re-posting my thoughts on first drafts at Writing While the Rice Boils)
4. Sitting on my patio after dinner, without needing a sweater, enjoying a lovely quiet evening with no neighbours playing loud music or cutting grass (they were all watching the hockey game, maybe).
5. Going to the store to grab a few last plants for my pots and finding they were on sale, 2 for 1.
What made you smile this week?