Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What Inspires You to Write Better?

Last week, two teen sisters, Julia and Emma Mogus, came to my school to tell us about an amazing project they started to bring books to aboriginal youth in the 49 communities of the Nishnawabe Aski Nation in Northern Ontario. In 2012, these girls collected and organized a way to send over 10, 000 books to these fly-in communties. They are also sending supplies like warm clothing, baby items, crafts and teacher resources.  

Never underestimate teens! I was so inspired, hearing about their goals and dreams and what they have accomplished at the ages of 13 and 14. It makes me want to work even harder to achieve my own goals and to write better books.

If you want to know more about Julia and Emma and their accomplishments, visit them at the Books with No Bounds website or Books with No Bounds on Facebook.

You can also read more about them in this article about Books With No Bounds from The National Post.

What inspires you to keep on writing?

2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing thing they did. Adults often don't give teens enough credit for what they are capable of. I love hearing about all the great things they achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much for all the support and kind words! My sister and I really appreciate it!
    Please visit our facebook page and consider adding us to your LIKES! We will be visiting one of the communities who invited us to come visit (Fort Severn)
    www.facebook.com/bookswithnobounds
    Thank you Andrea Mack!!
    Emma and Julia Mogus

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).