Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blogs about Writing and Agents

This week at MiG writers, we're hosting interviews with four agents that rep middle grade and YA, asking them some tough questions about the market, misconceptions, and what they are looking for in submissions and in their clients. Check out Meet Our Agents.

Up today is Debbie Ridpath Ohi's agent Ginger Knowlton, of Curtis Brown Ltd.


Although I try to spend most of my writing time actually writing (ha - we all know how easy it is to get sidetracked), I love reading blogs that give me tips on writing techniques or inspiration.

I recently discovered the e-newsletter from Nelson Literary Agency -- you can sign up for it at Kristin Nelson's blog Pub Rants (also a good source of info for writers). 

In this month's issue, agent Sara Megibow describes middle grade: "fiction aimed at the 10- to 14-year-old reader and runs in the 30,000 to 60,000 word count." She also tells us that agents are looking for all types of middle grade. That's encouraging!

Do you know of any other great agent blogs to follow?


1 comment:

  1. I don't follow too many because there are just too many blogs to follow. I like Kristin Nelson's blog too. Love when she does her Friday vlogs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).