People often ask, where do you get your ideas? I usually answer that they come from everyday life—things the kids do or talk about, things I notice, tidbits that make me stop and think when I’m reading the newspaper. But in reality, they're always around me, popping out of thin air when I'm doing anything. A few places where I’ve gotten ideas this week:
1. Watching my daughter's swimming lessons at the community pool
2. Out looking for snails (for my classroom) in the garden
3. In the middle of the night during a thunderstorm, when I'm trying to stop the dog from digging a hole in the hardwood floor under my bed
4. While I’m rushing around trying to do 101 things and I can’t find a scrap of paper or a pencil that isn’t broken
5. Writing in my book journal in the perspective of the character in my novel
Where's the weirdest place you've gotten a writing-related idea?