Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Learning Through Listening

I'm listening to the rain at the moment, which makes a lovely backdrop for working on creative projects (and also makes me feel relieved that I don't need to go out and water my gardens today). One of the things I'm doing on my break from teaching is to really focus on listening. 

Both as a creative and as an educator, I find listening opens up new perspectives and ways of thinking about ideas and situations. It seems to me that a lot of listening is needed to figure out what directions we will be following in the days ahead.

Over this past week, I watched the webinar (free to the general public) Sticks and Stones and the Stories We Tell. Educators as well as creatives might be interested hearing these experiences of several BIPOC authors and illustrators of children's books and how their experiences have shaped their creative work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).