Tuesday, February 18, 2020

It's I Read Canadian Day!

I'm super excited about the first ever I Read Canadian Day! It's a nationwide celebration of Canadian authors. 

To learn more about it, read this article about author Eric Walters and how this movement started, from The Toronto Star.

For lists of books by Canadian authors and illustrators, check out the nominees in the Ontario Library Association's Forest of Reading program or this list of Canadian authors and illustrators with pictures of their books, created by Elizabeth Cook, a teacher-librarian in the Halton District School Board. 


Just a few of the wonderful Canadian books that I've featured on my blog:













1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea!
    I really appreciated your article, bringing my attention to this great national event. I AM an up-and-coming Canadian writer and Illustrator of Children's Books,(https://www.davidschouhanart.com/) just beginning to ramp up my marketing.
    I checked out the link you provided above, to Elizabeth Cook's list of Canadian authors. I REALLY liked how she presented the authors, including cover shots of their work, and I think that page will generate them some terrific publicity. I would be interested in getting onto that page!

    I am curious if you have Elizabeth's contact info, or can possibly put her in touch with me? (My contact info is on my website.) I wasn't able to find her contact info online, and I'd like to connect. I'd be grateful if you could help in any way. Thank you, and have a Great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).