Monday, August 26, 2013

Risk-Taking and Revising

I can't believe the last week of August is already here! It's been a great summer, and I've learned a lot about my writing and especially about taking risks when revising.

If you're trying to decide whether or not to make a big change to your novel, I suggest you jump in and try it! You never know how it might turn out. [Here are a few tips on How To Make Revision Less Painful.]

In my household, we're all getting ready to launch into another year of school. Instead of writing or blogging about writing, this week I'm taking a break to focus on back-to-school preparations.

Wishing you a creative writing week!

7 comments:

  1. That is my philosophy when I receive a major comment from a CP. It doesn't hurt to try it. The worst that will happen is that I discover it was better the first way, but that rarely happens. Hope your revisions are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out. Enjoy your break and your last week before school starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your writing / social media break! We all need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, it is almost September. Crazy! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great break and the school year gets off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, it's over already! Good luck with the school prep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy revision and enjoy your break. :)

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).