Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beautiful Words

27. Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin

After hearing so much about this book over at Grace Lin's blog, I had to read it. This book is many stories in one, with imaginative folktales woven through the text. I enjoyed the unique format and especially the way the author uses language. Plus, who doesn't love stories that contain dragons?  Some favourite phrases of mine included:

"As the sky deepened like brewing tea..."

"stars began to poke holes in the deep blue velvet sky" (This describes one of my favourite colours of the sky).

A good book to read if you appreciate how words can be perfectly put together to create compelling images. I'm thrilled to find out there are going to be more.

1 comment:

  1. I love her books. She writes such perfect combination of words.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).