Saturday, January 23, 2010

Next on the List

The latest books I've finished reading are:

5. The Year the Swallows Came Early by Kathryn Fitzmaurice

I enjoyed this MG book about a girl coming to terms with her Dad being in jail, plus I loved the elements of cooking woven into the story. Someday, I want to write a story that includes food and cooking as a main element, so I'm always attracted to books that do.

6. Ringmaster by Julia Golding

Lots of action. I will definitely put the next Darcie Lock book on my to-be-read list.

7. Before I Die by Jenny Downham

Thanks to Angela Cerrito for alerting me to this novel when I won it on her blog. I've read other books about kids dying of cancer -- Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper, Amy Goldman Koss's Side Effects (really loved this one) and Going for the Record by Julie A. Swanson. Before I Die is more raw. It's emotionally wrenching. This was one to read straight through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).