Thursday, August 20, 2020

CELEBRATING GURPLE AND PREEN

You may have noticed I haven't been reviewing books over the summer. This is mainly because I was working on writing my own! But I have been doing a lot of reading and have some great books to tell you about in the fall.

Fo
r example, I recently read GURPLE AND PREEN by Linda Sue Park and Debbie Ridpath Ohi. It's a fun story with robots and recycling! (Watch for my review in the fall). You can read about the story behind GURPLE AND PREEN here.

There's also a fun challenge related to this book happening now on Twitter and Instagram. (You don't need to have read the book to participate.)

Basically, it involves using recycled materials to create art. The first challenge is to use dryer lint! As you can see below, I've attempted it myself...







I never thought I'd be using dryer lint as an art material!?!  


You can see more dryer lint creations by searching #GurpleandPreenChallenge on Insta and Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).