Monday, December 14, 2015

Book Recommendations for Readers Aged 9 to 12


I don’t have one Marvelous Middle Grade Monday feature for you today. Instead, I have a few middle grade book recommendations from my reads this year, in case you’re looking for a gift. I'll be taking a week or two off from featuring books, while I enjoy the holidays and work on my own writing.

For kids who love animals and especially zoos:


For kids who like books about wilderness adventures and survival:






 Stories that take place at a different time in history:





About friendship:






 For kids who enjoy emotional stories about overcoming personal challenges:







Just for fun adventures and mysteries:



What were your favorite middle grade reads this year? I'm always looking for more good books to read and welcome your recommendations!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the book suggestions. I'm going to remember this for my niece and nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea! This is a perfect starting point as I choose a book for my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've read a lot! Great selection. For wilderness adventure and survival, I also loved SURVIVING BEAR ISLAND by Paul Greci. BOOK SCAVENGER by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman is a really fun read.

    Enjoy your time off from blogging and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).