Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Getting Ready for the Packaging Your Imagination Conference

This weekend I'll be attending the Packaging Your Imagination, a conference for writers, illustrators and performers taking place here in the Toronto area.


This one-day conference is organized by The Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators and Performers (CANSCAIP). Although I've been a member of CANSCAIP in the past, I've never been to one of their conferences before. But my awesome critique partner, fellow MiG Writer Debbie Ridpath Ohi, reminded me about it and I've always wanted to go, so this is the year I'm going to start!

This conference also has an online streaming option (how cool is that!) but I'm going to be attending in person. I'm looking forward to learning more about writing and connecting with other local writers and people who are interested in writing and promoting children's literature.

Although meeting new people makes me a little nervous, I like going to writing workshops and conferences because they always inspire me with new ideas or perspectives on my latest writing projects. Since I've recently finished a big novel revision, I'm starting a new project, so this is a perfect time to kick start my imagination.

What will inspire your writing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).