Friday, September 20, 2013

Cool Blog Quote: Turning a No into a Yes

I love finding inspiring quotes on other writing-related blogs! Here's a great one:

"Assume every editor is looking for a reason to say no. Don't give it to them."

Monica Trasandes, 6 Keys to Revising Your Fiction, Chuck Sambuchino's Guide to Literary Agents Blog.

I've heard this before in different ways from different sources. Right now, I'm immersed in a tough revision. This reminds me to work a little bit harder, to not be satisfied until I've written the best story I can write. I love the other tips in this article too, especially the one about not getting stuck at the beginning.

Sneaking back to my writing now, determined to move on from the place I've been stuck at for several days (it's not the beginning, but it's been holding me up).

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! :)

    ~Akoss

    PS: Thanks for the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that quote, and it's a reminder that the default is no. We have to work extra hard to change the default!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the assertiveness in 'Don't give it to them.' Definitely an extra kick in the rear to get it as good as you possibly can!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).