I don't usually do blog awards, but because Girl Friday passed one along (thank you!), I've decided to share seven things related to my writing habits:
1. My best writing time is first thing in the morning, even though that's not always when I actually get to do any writing. Sometimes if I'm really intrigued in my project, I write in the evenings too.
2. I never write on Thursday nights if new episodes of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice are on.
3. Don't even think about what my desk looks like. I could never do one of those lovely interviews about my writing space unless I spent a couple of days (or weeks) tidying up.
4. My ideal readers are my notoriously hard-to-please daughters.
5. I have 20 notebooks full of snippets of my life and writing projects, ideas, and inspiration and information about writing. I'm working on my 21st.
6. My favourite day of the week for writing is Saturday, because I can usually write for a few hours without interruptions.
7. I used to write picture books, but after I had no luck getting any of them published, I decided to move on to middle grade novels (those ideal readers got older, too). Ironically, I'm now working on a picture book for a freelance project.
8. Okay, I said 7 but I thought of another one. You may have noticed that my blog doesn't have many (or any) pictures. That's because I used to have an older computer that seriously objected to loading up images. Of course, I've had a new computer for at least 6 months...but I imagine there are some readers out there who might have trouble loading up blogs that are heavy on visuals too.
Do you have any interesting writing-related habits? Do share!