Yay! Last day before spring break! I'm looking forward to some sleep, fun and games, and uninterrupted blocks of time for writing (not necessarily in that order, though probably sleep will come first). To inspire myself, I checked back to read a few of your comments on my February post, Awesome Things About Writing:
From Anna Staniszewski: "That feeling of going back to a project after a break and realizing, hey I still like this!"
Elle Strauss: "Rewriting a sentence/paragraph/scene and knowing it's much better now!"
And from Laura Pauling: "Loving my character and story even during the rewrites."
I have a few new ones to add to the list:
1. When the solution to a tricky plot problem appears out of nowhere.
2. The rush of getting positive feedback from a critique buddy on a specific section of writing you sweated over.
3. Realizing you've found just the right name for a character.
4. The anticipation of a block of obligation-free time to work on writing!
5. Finding that the word "was" didn't appear as many times in the chapter as you thought.
What is awesome in your writing world this week?