Friday, July 9, 2010

Blog Awards and Seven Interesting Things

In the past week or so, I've received a couple of blog awards:


Thank you to Karen Strong and Samuel Park, both of whom have interesting blogs you should check out!

In keeping with the spirit of the awards (or the rules) I'm going to tell you seven interesting things about myself:

1. I'm addicted to board games (okay, some don't have boards but they aren't computer games) and I play at least one game of something everyday. Current favs: Ticket to Ride Europe, Triominos, Backgammon.

2. All of my novels (4 so far) contain nature in some way, the influence of growing up in Northern Ontario.

3. Though I'm Canadian and have lived in Mississauga, Ontario for a long time now, I once lived in Brooklyn, NY, in Cobble Hill on Dean St.  

4. It may be hard to believe, but I actually enjoy teaching kindergarten. Teaching is my third career.

5. A place I've never been but would like to visit is Venice, or actually anywhere in Italy, for the art and the food.

6. I enjoy cooking and have changed the ingredients in almost every recipe I've tried.

7. I don't normally do these "pass it on" type of things, but since it's summer and I'm on a more relaxed schedule I decided to live a little.

In no particular order, some other blogs you might be interested in (I think there are supposed to be ten, but I don't always follow the rules):

M.B. West at M.B.Writes
Caroline at Caroline by Line
Marcia Hoehne at her blog
Theresa Milstein at Substitute Teacher's Saga








3 comments:

  1. Hey, thank you for recommending my blog! And I'm also a board game enthusiast. Or game enthusiast. Blokus and Rummikub are my current favorites (and Clue is always at the top of my list but it's not as much fun playing with only 2.) I'm going to look into Triominos, if it's a play on dominoes there's a good chance I'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to visit Italy too! I want to go for the food -- yum, just think of the good times!

    How interesting you have nature in all of your books. Makes sense though. I bet Ontario is gorgeous this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I love Clue too! My daughter and I play Computer clue so the third person is the computer (or we just make the 3rd player falsely accuse so they are out).

    Karen, definitely the food!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).