Friday, December 9, 2011

Paying It Forward

How is your December going? So far, my revisions are coming along (slow but steady). People I care about are getting all kinds of good news. My Christmas shopping is well underway. My younger daughter is actually cleaning out her closet without being asked (I'm stunned). And I won a Kindle!

Yesterday, I received my brand new Kindle in the mail, courtesy of Karen Strong. She has an awesome blog for writers (and I'm not just saying that because I won her giveaway). Karen's generosity has inspired me to be more giving too, so in addition to the charity donations I already do at this time of year, I decided to make a donation to First Book, an organization that helps connect books with kids who need them.

Then I saw that Six Teaching Authors (another great blog) are donating to First Book too. Wow! It's great to see all this kindness and caring in our world.

P.S. My daughters are both very excited about the Kindle, and now we're shopping for some good reads. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. JWow! Congrats. A Kindle. I love mine. I still read half and half. And I've found some terrific self published YA books! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing quite as beautiful as a child who cleans without being asked. Talk about all your Christmas wishes coming true!

    Congratulations on your new kindle. I'm looking forward to checking out Karen's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beauty of Christmas is that my kids are willing to clean without be asked, or at least they don't complain about cleaning when asked. Too bad that doesn't happen year round.

    I'm off to check out Karen's blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you got your Kindle safe and sound. ;)

    You will LOVE it! When I first got mine I downloaded all of Jane Austen's classics.

    And kudos for the daughter cleaning out her closet! That's a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how old your daughters are, but if you haven't read A Search For Delicious it's one of our family favorites! Enjoy your new Kindle :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).